Saturday, January 31, 2009

Having Fun



Here are some recent photos, I haven't put any up in a while.  I'm much better at keeping my Picasa album up to date so here is the link if anyone wants to check that out, there are more pictures and several videos http://picasaweb.google.com/ceciliaummkarim

Just over the last month or so Karim has really made some changes, his vocabulary has grown exponentially and it seems like he learns new words every day.  He really loves letters and numbers; he almost knows the whole alphabet but calls g q, he calls x huck and w double huck.  His favorite thing in the whole world is watching Jeopardy! and with his recent love of letters, he's gotten into Wheel of Fortune, he likes to call out the letters.  We're trying to get him ready for preschool in the fall so it's really good that he's so receptive to learning these kinds of things.  
Roqaya is about 5 1/2 months and she's just great.  She's always in a good mood except when we're all eating food in front of her.  I guess it's time to start her on solids, she gets really grumpy when all she gets for dinner is milk.  She loves playing with Karim and when ever she sees him she starts laughing and trying to get his attention.  I will be back in a couple weeks to give her 6 month update...until then, enjoy the pictures.  The first picture shows Karim surfing Youtube, he likes watching certain songs and of course Jeopardy videos.  Roqaya likes to stand next to him, so I have to stabalize her so she doesn't topple over.  Karim has been really into the naked movement lately, so you'll see in the picture that I had to start putting his pj's on backward so he can't get to the zipper and strip down :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

Look at her pretty hair! They're both getting so big!