Somehow 2 years has gone by since Roqaya joined our family. We didn't really do anything for her birthday since it fell on the second day of Ramadan. She did get a cake and Tayta and Geddo sent her a new bike. She got one just like Karim's but her's is pink. She really loves it and she is learning much quicker than Karim did since she has him to teach her. We practiced inside a few times and then took it for a spin outside. She did pretty well for her first time. She was able to pedal right away (it took Karim a while before he figured that out) but, like Karim, she doesn't understand the concept of steering yet. She didn't get very far because she kept running into the grass and getting stuck, but she had a great time.
At her 2 year check-up at the doctor everything went well and she is in the 95th %ile for height and weight--not too surprising. Her hair is growing very nicely and I'm able to do more with it although most days we stick to the good ol' pony tail or pig tails because she's not very patient with anything that takes longer than 1 minute. But at least she doesn't pull her barrettes out anymore.
He number 1 favorite thing to do is whatever Karim is doing which is both good and bad as she learns a lot of good things from him, but she also learns the naughty things he does. The good thing is that she listens to me much better than Karim did at that age. Her best talent has to be in throwing a good fit. Something new to me as Karim was never a fit-thrower. When she gets really mad about something there is no mistaking it. She's been practicing since she was about 6 months old so she's got it down now. I just hope this is one behavior she grows out of soon.
In true 2-year-old fashion she got herself stuck between the banister railings and it took me a while to figure out how to get her out. We were both happy to get her out and I was happy that I didn't have to break the railing. She hugged me for several minutes afterward. Before I got her out though, I made sure to snap a quick picture :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
As Salaamu Alaykum, didn't know you had a blog! I added you to my Follow list and found out about your blog from my Stats list- I've gotten traffic from your blog, maasha'Allah. We unfortunately missed the Eid festivities but your pics are great, I was wondering about the Thomas area they'd mentioned. JazaakAllah for posting!
Post a Comment