Thursday, February 19, 2009

Roqaya is 6 months old

She is actually 6 months and one week but she had her 6 month check up today so I thought I would share her stats.  She now weighs 17 lbs 10 oz. and I definitely feel that in my back when carrying around her car seat...speaking of which her new car seat is in the mail, she is moving up to the big car seat and out of her carrier because she's getting too big for it.  She is 28.1 inches, which explains why she doesn't fit in her car seat anymore, her feet are dangling over the edge.  She is in the 75% for both height and weight.  She got some shots which she really didn't like but she stopped crying once she saw baba and Karim in the waiting room.  She started eating her big girl food, she really likes to get her mouth full and covered and then blow raspberries.  She also really enjoys sharing an apple with Karim, she can't bite it but just sucking on it makes her happy, maybe she just wants to be like Karim.  She's getting better at crawling, she still hasn't made it up on hands and knees, she mostly does an army crawl, but she's gotten more efficient with that since last week..  She doesn't have any teeth yet, but that's totally fine with me, she can hold off on those for as long as she wants.
Karim will be 2 1/2 at the end of March.  He's still not potty trained, he just doesn't seem to mind.  I've been reading about the training in one day technique, it's a little intense but it may be worth a shot.  He stayed in the waiting room with baba this time so I didn't get a chance to weigh and measure him, but he's growing nicely.  He really likes playing with his soccer ball lately, he's always going through little phases of things he likes so we'll see how long this one lasts, for now it's fun.
Well, that's pretty much all for now, we'll have another check up in 3 months...





 

1 comment:

Tara said...

I can't believe how big she is! I'm pretty sure she's way bigger than Kammy! I guess she has a little bit taller of a set of parents though : )
I'm feeling good so far. It was blah in the beginning but I'm doing good now. Kammy is an easy baby so that's nice. Hope you're all doing well!