It is not very often that I can get the kids to nap at the same time, but when I do, it is fantastic. The problem comes when it's time to prioritize what I'm going to do during this precious time, but I have to be quick about my decision because the clock is ticking and wake-up time is coming. If there are chores-made-difficult-by-toddlers to be done, I do those first--for example, doing the dishes. Roqaya is more into unloading what I put in the dishwasher and running away with it, sometimes I even find silverware back in the drawer with the clean stuff. If there are no chores like that do be done, I try to get in some quiet study time. I have been working through an Arabic grammar book for a while now but I've almost made it half-way so just a few more co-naps or even sleeping in a little in the morning and I'll be able to move on to the next Arabic language book in our library. If I have time after this then I move downstairs and try to get in a mile walk on the treadmill while listening to my audio book. Being that this is near the end of nap time, I usually get interrupted by Karim who hears the treadmill and gets excited and wants to have his turn. He says, 'you can share mama', 'I wanna go fast too'.
I don't have any napping pics of the kids, I've been really bad with the camera lately but here are a few that we took a month-or-so ago
Karim being silly
The kids got new outfits and Karim wanted his picture taken standing up there
Roqaya was really excited about her pants, she really loves them
And I was wearing one of my new hijabs from Egypt
No comments:
Post a Comment