Friday, March 12, 2010

Red Means Stop

So, riding in the car the other day we thought Karim would enjoy a little lesson about traffic lights--red means stop, green means go, and yellow means slow down. Well, we forgot to mention that sometimes it's ok to turn right when the light is red as long as you stop first. Lucky for me I seem to now hit every red light when I need to turn right and Karim doesn't like this at all. He cautions me from the back seat, "red means stop mama" and as I continue through the red light his voice gets louder--"stop mama, stop!". I explain to him every time that sometimes it's ok to go through the red light, but in a 3 year old brain there is no gray area, there is only black and white, or in this case, red and green; stop and go.

1 comment:

Leslie Kirk said...

That's pretty funny; I miss them :(