Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It is official....

Roqaya is a big girl! She is done nursing. We've been working on this for a couple weeks now and yesterday was her first full day without "mama's milk" (the code name we use, and two words I have been very sure not to say in case she thinks its her invitation). She sometimes gets really angry when she doesn't get to nurse, but I've learned to catch her before she gets too tired and I give her her singing puppy and rock her until she falls asleep. Last night was her first night without her night cap and she did really well with just one little whining spell before dozing off.
I had such an easy time weaning Karim, he basically did it himself and there was no effort involved. But with Roqaya, she was a frequent nurser so I had to get her down from about 10 sessions a day. I just hope that she soon forgets all about mama's milk so we can have an easier time getting her to sleep, especially at night. Either way, she's now a big girl, but still my baby.

No comments: